Slow Starts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of S3v3n S3v3n 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of S3v3n
    S3v3n
    Keymaster

Well its a slow start but we didn’t expect to have things booming out of the gate. A lot of my free time has been sent spending time on my family Minecraft server playing with my Kiddos.

Oddly addicting LOL.

Profile photo of Doc
    Doc

Yep I know the feeling, work has had me busy, we will get it going..

Profile photo of badwish
    -=}E{=-badwish
    Participant

Well I am back online! Got a new motherboard and cpu on the way to help me get back into gaming a little bit. Nothing ground breaking, just some cheap parts. Going from Amd Athlon II x3 455 @ 3.8ghz to Amd 8320e and hope to get a good overclock with water cooling. The motherboard I ended up going with is GA-990fx-Gaming and will be going with windows 10 for the first time. Its odd though I just noticed there is no chipset drivers for windows 10 on their website to upgrade to. I’ve already received the cpu and should get the motherboard today.

Profile photo of badwish
    -=}E{=-badwish
    Participant

Well update on the situation. I got the 8320e in and got it stable at 4.4ghz but could not get 4.5 stable. Then my uncle got some bad ass deals so I bought a fx-9370 and Asus M5A99X EVO motherboard from him for $160. Now selling the 8320e and asus to a friend for $160 to upgrade at no cost 🙂

Will be overclocking the 9370 once I get a better power supply!

Profile photo of badwish
    -=}E{=-badwish
    Participant

Another update: got the fx-9370 in but ended up knocking a small chip off of my amd 260x so i got a deal off ebay on a r9 390 8gb. I needed an upgrade anyways, everything is running good except my psu is struggling 650watt thermaltake smart, had to reduce gpu power consumption -50% to stop the crashes. I have to wait a while before i can spend anymore, but i picked up verdun on humblebundle and got chivalry medieval warfare free so been playing those a bit.

Im looking forward to rising storm 2, did anyone else play red orchestra 2 / rising storm?

Profile photo of S3v3n
    S3v3n
    Keymaster

Cool man. Ive been MIA as my Gaming RIG was having issues. Still may be I’m not 100% sure Im fully running yet.

a little time will tell.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar